Conditions and Updates
- Outdoor Recreation opportunities for April 3rd
- We want to encourage everyone to be Covid Aware.
- Bonus grooming, a rare April groom for those that want to get outside and enjoy. 8 to 10 inches new snow, bishop's, strube,lights, beartrap,towerhill, a lap in the 40, and good luck all groomed. In addition to our Nordic Center Trails, we have been informed that there are freshly groomed conditions over at the Biathlon Center. So please get out and enjoy!
- Be aware, this is not mid season trail conditions, area that were a problem last week are far worse this week. These spots should make the weekend without being bare ground or rocks, but most likely they will be the glacial ice part of the snowpack by mid weekend, be careful and enjoy the trail pass free skiing and trail use.
- As is our normal operation, the Natrona County Parks Recreation and Leisure Services ends our grooming operation at the end of March. Our staff will begin to transition to getting prepared for Spring and Summer. , please be prepared for the lights to be off in the maze and we will begin the operation of Snow removal.
- Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, all Natrona County campground areas, group sites/shelters, shower houses, some non-essential restrooms and playgrounds are closed until further notice.
The immediately affected campgrounds are as follows.
Alcova, Pathfinder, and Gray Reef reservoirs
● Black Beach Campground
● Cottonwood Campground
● Fremont Canyon Campground
● Okie Beach Campground
● Westside Campground
● Bishops Point Campground
● Diabase Campground
● Sage Campground
● Weiss Campground
● Wolf Point Campground
● Gray Reef Camping
Our Casper Mountain Camping areas are currently not accessible, so only the above Campgrounds are immediately affected.
All parks currently remain open for day-use outdoor recreation activities including trailheads, hiking/biking trails, boat ramps, fishing access, essential restrooms, and individual picnic areas/tables.
There have been increased concerns regarding our ability to maintain a healthy environment for our consumers and staff.
It is hoped by keeping our park areas open for day-use activities we are able to balance the public’s desire for outdoor recreation with the health and safety needs of our constituents and staff.
- The Parks, Recreation, and Leisure Services office is closed to public today and during these times of social distancing. Please feel free to email any concerns.
- The Nordic Trail Center is closed for the Season effective immediately. This decision was not made easily. We encourage all of our outdoor enthusiast to use to the grounds to Ski, Snow Shoe, hike, fish, and enjoy the fresh air.
- We have many areas through out the county for people to get out and enjoy during these difficult times. Please contact our offices if you have any questions.
- Get out and play in our backyard today!
Trails and Facility Information
- Follow our Parks Blog for current and past updates
- Find us on Facebook under Natrona County Parks, Recreation, and Leisure
- Register for our "Notify Me" service to receive updates via email or mobile device
- Parks Rules & Regulations
- View the Parks Calendar
- Links to recreational information and websites
- Parks Department News
- NOAA weather forecast
Questions or Concerns? Please call (307) 235-9325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.