Brands & Titles
- Wyoming carries forward brands on titles from other states.
- Any motor vehicle which sustains damage in an amount exceeding 75% of its actual retail value, along with a Wyoming Application for Title (PDF), a letter from the insurance company stating the damage, will receive a Wyoming certificate of title branded "Salvage". Note: a Title fee is required - Refer to fee schedule (PDF).
- This does not apply to vehicles with more than eight years of service or commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds.
- Application (PDF) identifying the vehicle’s damage prior to being repaired.
- A copy of the original certificate of title branded "Salvage."
- Name and address of the person who repaired or rebuilt the vehicle.
- Affirmation that the information is complete and accurate and, no stolen parts were used during the rebuilding.